I guess it doesn't rain in Hell......but it sure did in the White Mountains of New Hampshire!  At one point, I thought I saw Noah and his ark in my rear view mirror!  Needless to say, it's a little scary riding the motorcycle in wet/rainy weather.....and, this was not just an ordinary shower.  No lie or exaggeration on my part.....this was the mother of all rainstorms!!!

The worst part was we were only seven miles away from our bed & breakfast in Conway, NH.  I really thought we should try to make it out of the mountains and push through the storm.  Unfortunately, it was raining so hard I couldn't see the road 10 feet in front of us.....and we were inching along at only 15mph.  As we descended the mountain, motorcycles lined both sides of the road to wait out this storm.  It seems even the "tough guys with tattoos" were sitting out this downpour.  Count me in!


The rain never stopped....but it did slow down just enough for us to attempt to make it into town (slowly!).  Seven miles took us 30 minutes....and when we did arrive in North Conway....open up the floodgates again.  Holy crap!  I've never seen so much rain in my life!  It was pure hell and torture all the way to our  B&B.  Thank God we made it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment