Well....through all the rain and misery, we finally made it to our bed & breakfast destination. This was supposed to be some sort of big surprise for me.....and Jenesa kept telling me I would love it. I think at this point....I'd love anything that has a roof!
Welcome to the Cranmore Mountain Lodge!
So far I wasn't seeing what the big surprise was....until we got to the front desk and checked in. It seems Jenesa reserved us Room 2.....which was the Babe Ruth Room. Back in the 1940's this lodge was owned and operated by Babe Ruth's daughter and husband. Babe Ruth would frequently visit his daughter and always stay in Room 2. All the furniture in the room has been maintained and was used by the Babe himself back in the 1940's (except the TV). Pretty cool!
Welcome to the Cranmore Mountain Lodge!
So far I wasn't seeing what the big surprise was....until we got to the front desk and checked in. It seems Jenesa reserved us Room 2.....which was the Babe Ruth Room. Back in the 1940's this lodge was owned and operated by Babe Ruth's daughter and husband. Babe Ruth would frequently visit his daughter and always stay in Room 2. All the furniture in the room has been maintained and was used by the Babe himself back in the 1940's (except the TV). Pretty cool!




0 comments:
Post a Comment